Zoho CRM is a CRM platform that SDRs, Account Executives, and Marketing teams use to build a better sales pipeline and manage customer and prospect relationships. Now, build a better sales pipeline with Plum for Zoho CRM.
By integrating Zoho CRM and Xoxoday Plum, you can improve your conversion rate by engaging prospects and customers with personalized rewards, incentives, gift cards, etc. The seamless integration between the two platforms allows you to analyze and track details like the number of campaigns running, the number of gift coupons sent, etc. from either platform, without having to juggle between the two.
There are several benefits to the integration:
This integration helps sales teams send rewards to prospects and customers directly from Zoho CRM.
A seamless experience for the admins and end-users.
Multi-location, multi-currency, configurable integration which can work well with all types of clients.
Get the best of both products as you scale. Both Zoho CRM and Xoxoday are adding new features and capabilities regularly.
We will be covering three parts in this documentation. If you feel you have completed a section, feel free to skip it:
Steps to activate the integration from Zoho CRM.
Creating the Reward Automation from Plum Admin Dashboard.
Sending the rewards from Zoho CRM.
Sign in to Zoho CRM using your credentials.
Now, Xoxoday Plum can simply be integrated with Zoho CRM by installing the Xoxoday Plum Rewards app on the admin’s dashboard from Zoho’s marketplace. This can be done by searching for “Plum” via the link down below or by searching for the app from the ‘Marketplace’ tab on the Settings section.
If you are already signed in to Zoho CRM, you can just search for Plum Rewards by clicking on the link below.
4. You can choose to enable the Plum extension only for admins, for all users, or for select users on Zoho CRM.
Disclaimer: For all Zoho CRM users, the users should also have admin/super admin access to the Plum dashboard, for them to send rewards from their CRM account.
5. If you are new to Plum, click on the “Sign up” button. If you already have an existing account, click on the “Authorize” button as shown in the image below. Existing users can skip Step 6.
6. If you are new to Xoxoday Plum, click on the “Signup” button. You can learn how to set up a Plum account here. It is recommended that you use the email registered with Zoho CRM to signup with Plum as well.
7. After you can click on the “Authorize” button, you will be redirected to the Plum login page. Use your Plum credentials to log in to the admin dashboard.
8. Congrats, you have successfully installed the application.
After following these steps, you will also be able to configure the Plum extension by clicking on the “Configure” button. You can also choose to revoke permissions/uninstall the extension here.
Once the Xoxoday Plum Rewards App is downloaded, follow the steps given below and hook Xoxoday Plum up to your Zoho CRM. These are for the Admins operating the Zoho CRM dashboard.
Please ensure that you follow the steps on the dashboard to create the reward automation and recharge your account.
Now, go to the Integrations section and click on “Zoho CRM”.
Create a new reward automation by clicking on the button as shown in the screenshot below.
Now give your reward automation a name and select the type of trigger settings you want: “Manual” or “Automated”.
The reward catalog can be customized by choosing the reward type that you want to include in the campaign. Create a Xoxo Link Campaign that you want to include here. You can also set the link expiration date here.
Customize the email template as per your needs and what the target audience expects of them.
Now, click on “Launch” to successfully set up the reward automation.
You can view the details of the automation by clicking on the reward automation that you have just created.
Your Zoho CRM Reward Automation is now ready to launch.
After logging into your Plum account, go to the admin console and click on the “Recharge” button. You can also know more about recharging your Plum account here.
Enter the Recharge Amount and proceed with the payment to add funds into your account.
There are two ways to send rewards from Zoho CRM. You can either send the rewards manually or via automated workflows:
Now, go back to the Zoho CRM tab and click on the “Contact/Lead” to whom you wish to send the rewards.
2. You will be seeing a button called “Plum Rewards” as shown in the screenshot above. You can choose to edit/modify the button by clicking on the dropdown menu here.
3. Now, select this button and fill in the details as shown in the image below. The reward denomination will be in the same currency as the one selected in your Billing Details
4. Now, click “Next”.
5. You can choose to personalize the emailer, subject line, and greetings.
6. Congratulations, you have successfully sent the rewards to the chosen contact.
7. This is how the contact will be able to view the reward on his/her email inbox.
8. Congratulations, You have successfully sent a reward via Zoho CRM. You can also see the details in the Notes section.
To create an automated workflow to reward your users, log in to Zoho CRM.
Go to the “Settings” tab.
Now, click on “Workflow Rules under the Automation tab.
Note: This option is not available in the free version of Zoho CRM.
4. Now click on the “Create Rule” button as shown in the image below.
5. Now, you can select the module you want to include in the workflow and name the automation. Please note that this automation workflow is for leads and similar workflows can be created for other modules.
6. Now, select when the “workflow” needs to be activated.
7. You can also choose the condition here on which leads to apply this rule to.
8. Now, in the “Instant Actions”, choose Plum Rewards, select the campaign and activate the workflow.
9. You will be able to view all the workflows in the dashboard. You can choose to enable or disable the reward workflows here.
10. Congratulations, you have successfully set up the rewarding workflow for the “Leads” section. Similar workflows can be created in Zoho CRM for different sections such as “Contacts”, “Deals”, etc.